turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

piedmonta

I have my refund going to my checking account, but I received an turbo tax debit card in the mail. How do I know which one it's going to be deposited in?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

I have my refund going to my checking account, but I received an turbo tax debit card in the mail. How do I know which one it's going to be deposited in?

Go back to your return and review the direct deposit information. Simply visit the File section in your TurboTax  account and follow the screens from there to verify your routing and bank account information. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4083015

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
piedmonta

Where is the file button located? I can not find it
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

It is on the left hand side of your screen when you are in your tax return. Should be the last one listed under 2017 taxes.
piedmonta

Ok thank you. When I downloaded my tax return it's saying that it's going to be deposited into my checking account for both federal and state. So why did I receive an turbo tax debit card in the mail? Do I need to activate it or not?
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Did you maybe choose to get your refund on the card and then change your mind? If you have questions about the card, I would definitely reach out to Turbo Prepaid Visa. You can visit the TurboPrepaidCard.com website where they have an extensive help section or call toll-free at (888) 285-4169.
piedmonta

Yes I selected that one at first but I changed it before I submitted my tax return.
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

That is why you got the card.  I would visit the Turbo Prepaid Visa website for instructions on cancelling the card if you do not want it.
piedmonta

So it still should go to my checking account right
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Yes, the bank and routing number listed on your return is the account your refund will deposit to.
piedmonta

Ok. Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it. I talked to the turbo tax prepaid card and they told me that I could still keep the card even though my refund is not going to be deposited to the prepaid card. She said I could use it for future purposes. Thank u for ur help
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

You're welcome!
piedmonta

Hey I received my federal. Do you know when I'll receive my state taxes
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

You can check your state taxes by clicking this link: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300211">https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300211</a>
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies