turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

You filed a wrong Federal form and now they charged me for interest. In the federal form you put gross income of 27421 and in the GA you put 24421.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

You filed a wrong Federal form and now they charged me for interest. In the federal form you put gross income of 27421 and in the GA you put 24421.

What do you mean the wrong federal form?  The federal tax return for tax year 2018 is Form 1040.

The Adjusted Gross Income on Form 1040 Line 7 is the same amount that is entered on a Georgia state income tax return Form 500 on Line 8.

What Line on either the federal Form 1040 or Georgia Form 500 is incorrect?

Click on the Reply button to answer the questions

Who charged you interest?  The federal IRS or the state?  Why? Did you pay the tax due after April 15?  It's common to get a bill for interest if you pay after April.

@hhassanzadeh3  This is a message forum.  

1. The procedure is you report a problem on the forum.
  2. We answer and ask you questions to make sure we understand your problem.
  3. You answer back by clicking on the Reply button with responses to our questions.
  4. We answer back either with more questions, provide you a solution to the problem or request you contact TurboTax support.

So far we are still waiting on #3 

Your other post does not provide any information - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/re-the-1040-form-that-you-submitted-is-different-...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies