turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I want to file an amended return for a property tax refund on my 2016 taxes.What is the procedure is for this?

I received my Minnesota Property tax information after I had already filed my 2016 taxes. Now I would like to amend my taxes to receive the Minnesota Property tax refund. also, where can i receive a form 1040x?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I want to file an amended return for a property tax refund on my 2016 taxes.What is the procedure is for this?

The Minnesota Property Tax refund is a completely separate tax return.  If you have not already filed that completely separate tax return (which must be mailed), you just file the original one now.

If you used the downloaded 2016 program you can use the program to complete the form that still must be mailed in ...  

TurboTax will prepare the Form M1PR for you to print. Towards the end of the step-by-step interview for Minnesota you will reach the Other Forms You May Need screen. To have the M1PR prepared and made available for printing, make sure you check the Property Tax Refund (Form M1PR) check box on the Other Forms You May Need screen, then follow the prompts through the end of the interview.

You don't need to amend anything since that cannot be filed via the TT program ... 

Easiest way is to  file the forms online for free here:  

http://www.revenue.state.mn.us/individuals/prop_tax_refund/Pages/File-and-

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies