turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

chijay4

Need to amend my D.C. taxes. I now owe more money than the first return. Is this on top of the first amount? The form does not say anything about the amount already paid.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
JohnW15
Intuit Alumni

Need to amend my D.C. taxes. I now owe more money than the first return. Is this on top of the first amount? The form does not say anything about the amount already paid.

You'd owe the amount that's showing on line 32 of your amended return --- this amount reflects the amount you owed on the original return, which should appear on line 29.

chijay4

This is for the Washington, D.C. state tax return. It does not have a line 29 or 32.
JohnW15
Intuit Alumni

You may be looking at the short form, Form D-40EZ, I was using the long form.  If so, the respective lines, from above, would be 15 and 11.  Does that make more sense?
chijay4

Sorry. I am using D 40 Sub form and am not seeing those lines matching an amount I paid.
chijay4

I found the lines you referred to. The numbers are wrong. How do I get an updated form from TubroTax? Thank you.
JohnW15
Intuit Alumni

The form should be available in TT.  Please see <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2824532-i-need-to-amend-my-state-return?jump_to=answer_4653469">ht...>, and also <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://otr.cfo.dc.gov/publication/2017-d-40-and-d-40ez">https://otr.cfo.dc.gov/publication/2017-d-4...>
chijay4

Thank you.
JohnW15
Intuit Alumni

You're welcome.  Hope it helped.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies