turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

idboyd1

I need to change my banking info so my refund can be deposited into my new checking acct I had to open this past Saturday. How do I do that ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
LakeshaLO
Intuit Alumni

I need to change my banking info so my refund can be deposited into my new checking acct I had to open this past Saturday. How do I do that ?

You cannot change or edit your bank info after you e-file your taxes. If you need to change your bank account number or the routing number prior to e-filing it, please follow these steps to edit or change your bank account info in TurboTax:

1. Click on  the File section,  and then click Revisit on the Step 2 section
  2. Select Direct Deposit, and then Continue
  3. On the next screen entitled, "Let's get your bank account info".  Enter or edit your banking information. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
erskinegr

Hello,

If you cannot change your bank account and routing # on an e-filed return then what will happen with your refund??

Thank!

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

If the payment is going to an incorrect account, the refund will be returned back to the IRS and then you will be issued a check via mail to the address on file for you.  For more details on this, please see this Help Article.  

@erskinegr

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Manage cookies