turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When I did my taxes for Tax year 2016 I was never given an opportunity to download a copy of my taxes for my record. Now i can't unless I pay. will never use you again!!!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KaseyD

When I did my taxes for Tax year 2016 I was never given an opportunity to download a copy of my taxes for my record. Now i can't unless I pay. will never use you again!!!

You can still print a copy of your return even though you are using the Free Federal Edition.Follow the listed below.

1. Once you're signed in, mouse over My TurboTax in the top left corner and click on My Tax Timeline. 
  2. Scroll down to the Some things you can do section. and select Download/print return (PDF). 
    • If you want your calculation worksheets, click Download all forms and worksheets (current-year returns only).
  3. Your return will open in Adobe Reader. Click the "printer" icon to open the Print window (or select Print from the File menu in the upper left corner).
  4. Make any adjustments in the Print window, such as number of copies, and then click the Print button at the bottom.
  5. If nothing prints or the PDF saves instead of prints, repeat Step 4 and then:
  6.  Sign in to your account (if you haven't already done so), using the same login you used to file your return.
    • Click the Advanced button near the top of the popup window;
    • Clear the Print to File checkbox;
    • Click OK,and then click the Print button again.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KaseyD

You can still print a copy of your return even though you are using the Free Federal Edition.Follow the listed below.

1. Once you're signed in, mouse over My TurboTax in the top left corner and click on My Tax Timeline. 
  2. Scroll down to the Some things you can do section. and select Download/print return (PDF). 
    • If you want your calculation worksheets, click Download all forms and worksheets (current-year returns only).
  3. Your return will open in Adobe Reader. Click the "printer" icon to open the Print window (or select Print from the File menu in the upper left corner).
  4. Make any adjustments in the Print window, such as number of copies, and then click the Print button at the bottom.
  5. If nothing prints or the PDF saves instead of prints, repeat Step 4 and then:
  6.  Sign in to your account (if you haven't already done so), using the same login you used to file your return.
    • Click the Advanced button near the top of the popup window;
    • Clear the Print to File checkbox;
    • Click OK,and then click the Print button again.

Manage cookies