turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

WL1

Do I still need to report tax after I apply itin in a local IRS? I've already finished tax forms by turbo software.

I'be made an appointment with local IRS , I 'm not sure after I apply for itin I will still need to report tax
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SeanE1

Do I still need to report tax after I apply itin in a local IRS? I've already finished tax forms by turbo software.

Yes, you will need to report your tax after you receive your ITIN.  That is the reason why you are getting your ITIN so that you have the ability to file a tax return. An ITIN is basically a unique number associated with a person and identifies them.  So once you receive your ITIN, you will go back into your Turbotax program and put your ITIN in and then either efile or paper-file your tax return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
SeanE1

Yes, you will need to report your tax after you receive your ITIN.  That is the reason why you are getting your ITIN so that you have the ability to file a tax return. An ITIN is basically a unique number associated with a person and identifies them.  So once you receive your ITIN, you will go back into your Turbotax program and put your ITIN in and then either efile or paper-file your tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies