Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pam_eser

Can I make changes to my return even though turbotax is telling me I filed (I chose to print and file, not e-file)?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
PatriciaR

Can I make changes to my return even though turbotax is telling me I filed (I chose to print and file, not e-file)?

Yes, you can make changes as long as you haven't mailed your tax return.  TurboTax considers your tax return filed if you choose to print and mail but as long as you haven't mailed the tax return, you can make changes.

If you need assistance with changing an item, please comment and I'll research for you.

Here are the steps to get back into your tax return to make changes:

·         Sign into your tax return

·         Select Amend (change) return from the Tax Home page

·         Click Amend using TurboTax Online

·         Select Continue

·         Select No, I don't need to amend

This will put you back into your tax return.  You can use the Search feature (upper right of program) to search for k1 and then click the Jump to k1 to see if you have entered the K-1.

pam_eser

Yes, I just would like to know how I can change items.  I am not sure if I included K-1 qualified dividends and need to check that.  So how do I open up the return and make changes?
PatriciaR

I have updated my answer with the steps to get back into your return and make changes.

Case [social security number removed] resolved perfectly by Jessica in South Carolina Thanks.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies