turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I already got my federal back and state says its still processing is that normal?

Why is it taking so long for state to proccess?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

I already got my federal back and state says its still processing is that normal?

Yes, this is normal. Federal (IRS) and State (each individual state) is processed separately. Each state processes differently and at different times so the time frame can vary. Also, keep in mind some tax returns need extra review for accuracy, completeness and to protect taxpayers from fraud and identity theft. Extra processing time may be necessary. 

If you're concerned, contact your state department of revenue at the link given below. Click on your state for contact information:

How do I contact my state Department of Revenue? 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302452

View solution in original post

1 Reply
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

Yes, this is normal. Federal (IRS) and State (each individual state) is processed separately. Each state processes differently and at different times so the time frame can vary. Also, keep in mind some tax returns need extra review for accuracy, completeness and to protect taxpayers from fraud and identity theft. Extra processing time may be necessary. 

If you're concerned, contact your state department of revenue at the link given below. Click on your state for contact information:

How do I contact my state Department of Revenue? 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302452

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies