turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I had two jobs during 2016. I filed both my w-2s on turbo tax. How do I know if both were filed? I just want to make sure I filed for both jobs and that I didn't mess up

I also downloaded my papers and I can't  find two separate ones. It just shows one federal return amount not two. Are they added together?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PeterM

I had two jobs during 2016. I filed both my w-2s on turbo tax. How do I know if both were filed? I just want to make sure I filed for both jobs and that I didn't mess up

Yes, if you entered two separate W-2s into Turbo Tax, the system will combine them on the tax return. You can check this by adding up the amounts on all your W-2s and comparing the numbers to the form 1040. Look at line 7 on page one of the form 1040, and line 64 on page two of form 1040. Compare these numbers to the total you came up with for all your W-2s. They should match. If they don't, then check to see if everything was entered correctly.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
PeterM

Yes, if you entered two separate W-2s into Turbo Tax, the system will combine them on the tax return. You can check this by adding up the amounts on all your W-2s and comparing the numbers to the form 1040. Look at line 7 on page one of the form 1040, and line 64 on page two of form 1040. Compare these numbers to the total you came up with for all your W-2s. They should match. If they don't, then check to see if everything was entered correctly.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies