turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

WMR missing can any one explain this code 152 no refund amount displayed anymore. It use to say accepted.

Here is a photo of what I'm seeing. I claim two dependents. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

WMR missing can any one explain this code 152 no refund amount displayed anymore. It use to say accepted.

Do you have either of these credits in your return--EIC or ACTC?

If so, that message is warning you that there will be a delay.

If you have EIC (earned income credit, aka EITC) or ACTC (additional child tax credit), the IRS will not start releasing those refunds until February 15.  That means people with those types of credits may not start receiving their refunds until around February 27.

So just check WMR every 3-4 days until it changes.

152 is a Tax Topic that provides general refund information.
https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc152

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Do you have either of these credits in your return--EIC or ACTC?

If so, that message is warning you that there will be a delay.

If you have EIC (earned income credit, aka EITC) or ACTC (additional child tax credit), the IRS will not start releasing those refunds until February 15.  That means people with those types of credits may not start receiving their refunds until around February 27.

So just check WMR every 3-4 days until it changes.

152 is a Tax Topic that provides general refund information.
https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc152

Yes I have EIC. So it doesn't mean anything is wrong. Did you have a chance to look at the screen shot I took and what I'm seeing.

Yes, I looked at.  You got that PATH Act warning telling you about the delay.   The delay is mandated by law.  Each year, the IRS can't release refunds with those credits prior to February 15, in order to have more time to review the W-2 forms that the employers submit and compare them what a filer reported.  That's to cut down on the high amount of fraud related to those types of credits historically.

Your image told you there's not much reason to check back before mid-February.  But you can every once in a while if you wish.

But by law they cannot release your refund prior to mid-February, and to expect a refund in late February (assuming nothing else crops up with your return.)   The IRS has said previously around Feb. 27 is when people with those credits will start seeing refunds arrive.

What if didnt claim them on my w4 to avoid owing the government is that going to cause an issue?

A W-4 is only for your Employer to know how much withholding to hold out of your pay.
If you claimed fewer exemptions on your W-4, that just means your Employer withheld more money.
The IRS doesn't care if you had too much money withheld.  That lets them use your money interest-free during the year.

Thank u this was extremely helpful...

You're welcome.  Good luck.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies