turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I want to have Turbo tax to Figure out my amended tax, I know then I can print it out, and then ,ail in?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I want to have Turbo tax to Figure out my amended tax, I know then I can print it out, and then ,ail in?

Yes, all amendments will need to be mailed.

You will need to follow these instructions to amend:

1. Sign in to TurboTax and make sure you've selected Tax Home on the left side of your screen.
  • If you don't see this, click or tap the 3 white lines in the upper-left corner to expand the menu.
  • Under Your tax returns & documents, select Amend (change) 2017 return.
  • Carefully follow the onscreen instructions and don't worry if your refund changes to $0. This is normal on amended returns.
  • When finished, we'll give you instructions for printing and mailing your amended return, as amendments cannot be e-filed.
  • 3 weeks after mailing your amended return, you can start tracking it at the IRS Where's My Amended Return? tracking tool. Please allow at least 16 weeks for the IRS to process your amended return.

Processing times for amended state returns vary from state to state. If it's been more than 12 weeks since you mailed your amended state return, and you haven't heard anything, we suggest you contact your state tax agency.

You can check the status of your Form 1040X, Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return, using the Where's My Amended Return? online tool or by calling the toll-free telephone number 866-464-2050 three weeks after you file your amended return.

Please see the TurboTax FAQ below for more information.

From <https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4259501-i-need-to-correct-my-exemptions-my-refund-has-already-been...

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Have you received your original 2017 refund yet?

yes

Yes, all amendments will need to be mailed.

You will need to follow these instructions to amend:

1. Sign in to TurboTax and make sure you've selected Tax Home on the left side of your screen.
    • If you don't see this, click or tap the 3 white lines in the upper-left corner to expand the menu.
  • Under Your tax returns & documents, select Amend (change) 2017 return.
  • Carefully follow the onscreen instructions and don't worry if your refund changes to $0. This is normal on amended returns.
  • When finished, we'll give you instructions for printing and mailing your amended return, as amendments cannot be e-filed.
  • 3 weeks after mailing your amended return, you can start tracking it at the IRS Where's My Amended Return? tracking tool. Please allow at least 16 weeks for the IRS to process your amended return.

Processing times for amended state returns vary from state to state. If it's been more than 12 weeks since you mailed your amended state return, and you haven't heard anything, we suggest you contact your state tax agency.

You can check the status of your Form 1040X, Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return, using the Where's My Amended Return? online tool or by calling the toll-free telephone number 866-464-2050 three weeks after you file your amended return.

Please see the TurboTax FAQ below for more information.

From <https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4259501-i-need-to-correct-my-exemptions-my-refund-has-already-been...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
    Manage cookies