johnarch

Will stimulus check go to direct deposit?I paid money to IRS for the past two years. I did get a refund on my state taxes which was set up for direct deposit.

bluedeb

The IRS would not use the information from your State return for the Stimulus money, they are two separate agencies.  Since you already filed your return,   the IRS is going to give taxpayers the chance to enter their own banking information.  See the following:

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

bluedeb