turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Will my stimulus check be direct deposited onto my TurboTax card?

Yes I got an email that told me my payment was processing and I would get my money on 4/15. They even mentioned the amount and that it was going on my TT debit card.

It's ridiculous there's no answer yet. TurboTax oughta be ashamed of itself. Cuz I'm ashamed for them I've even recommended them to other people and now I wish I would have never done that

@Vlofficialc Right!! Like I'm legit starting to get pissed off bc ppl dont understand that talking to the tt reps dont mean your talking to God. They all give out different info and at this point, they are tired of getting these calls, periodt! The IRS said what they said lol. It will go on our cards and as far as TT, I'm over them bc they cant even be consistent with their answers. They need to be on one accord with a simple Yes or No at least to ease the minds of their customers smh. But at the end of the **bleep** day these coins need to pull up in my account like yesterday! 

I talked to a supervisor at TT and he said it will go on the card as long as that's how you got your taxes and the money should be deposited into accounts tomorrow

Did you use a tax preparer while filing and also do you have green dot 

@amyluck42 How are people getting these processing emails? Mine only tells me the balance in my account. 

Going to say this one more time; I get my paycheck on my Turbo Card every 2 weeks, AND I paid for my tax return through my refund. Yes, Santa Barbara Tax Services processes tax refunds - and withdraws fees - through an arrangement with Green Dot, prior to the refund hitting your Turbo Card. They have a software system in place that allows this to occur, much like a payroll company processing a garnishment from an incoming payroll account. However, you can use the card for ANY other kind of direct deposit, including employment, and the money is deposited straight to GreenDot, same as if you had any other kind of prepaid card. The only deposits that are "intercepted" in this fashion are tax refunds. That deposit - using the same account/routing # that is sent directly to the IRS on page 2 of your 1040 - goes directly from my employers payroll to GreenDot, it doesn't "route through" Santa Barbara Tax Services. There is no reason that stimulus payments would be handled any differently than any other kind of payroll deposit. 

I was informed by my bank to watch my account that's all I know and I'm with green dot 

Dude all i get is a notification of  $0.23 in your account lol I was hype when I heard the notification and just to see it was the account balance.

Screenshot_20200414-104755_Chrome.jpg

Its amazing to me how many people are flipping out. We are all in the same boat, no one expected to get this money. Companies were not ready for this, a lot of people have not even filed taxes yet. Of course this was going to be a cluster F. I understand that everyone thinks TT could be more informative and I 100% agree with that but there is a lot of misinformation being spread from everyones speculation, people saying "My sisters friends dog groomer said they got their return already where is mine?" "I read somewhere on a reddit thread that we are only getting paper checks!" "My facebook group said that if you have a greendot card you will get it." All this speculation is not actual information. Truth be told we just have to wait and see flipping out on a tax forum is not going to get your money any faster. We are all stressed out, we all have bills to pay and children to feed, we have lost jobs, had hours cut I get that everyones emotions are running high, but a watched pot doesn't boil any faster. 

04/14/2020

1:40PM EDT

STILL nothing

@Berto  it's "sound"good  lol

Seen that’s so finally it’s a yes if you filed and received on turbo tax card you’ll receive stimulus on card as well if you don’t have the card I suggest you call them and get one mailed it’ll be quicker than waiting for a check from the irs 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies