Will I be taxed for the full amount or gains in th...

Will I be taxed for the full amount or gains in this scenario? I received what was left in a UTMA account from my parents after college. I sold the remaining funds.

You will be taxed on the gain from when the investments were originally purchased until you sold them. The investments in the UTMA account actually belonged to you all along. Your parent was just the custodian, managing the funds on your behalf. So the tax will be the same as if you had bought the investments yourself (if you had been old enough).

You pay taxes on the capital gains and any earnings the account makes during the year.  The consolidated 1099 you get from the broker each February will show these items. 

Thank you!