rbarnz

Why is the State and Local Tax Refund Summary showing twice the refund amount I got for 2019? I got $1753, but the summary shows $3506.

The Summary shows "Refund Amount" $3506. When I click on "Edit", the page shows the correct "Total Refund Received in 2020" of $1753.
TerukoL
Employee TurboTax Specialist

Thank you for sharing this information.  It is our desire to find a resolution for you and others that might be having a similar experience in the program.

To assist us in this process, please review your entries in the Federal and State portion.  Some errors are caused by accidental entries. 

You may need to clear your cache and cookies. Make sure your return is saved in your TurboTax account and then sign out. Clear the cache and delete the cookies on your computer, open a new browser, sign back into your account and try entering your information again. You may also want to change browsers, for example, if you are using Chrome, try switching to Firefox.

However, if this does not resolve your issue, please note the exact message and where you are encountering that message in the program.  We will work with you towards a resolution to file your return accurately. Please click the link to contact TurboTax customer support.

rbarnz

Thanks. I rebooted the computer but the error was still there. I ended up deleting the entry and re-entering manually and then it was good. Thanks again for the fast response.