• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdd7mdy

Why is the IRS website saying I don't qualify for 2021 Child Tax advance. I claimed 3 dependants on 2020 return.

7 Replies
xmasbaby0
Level 15

Why is the IRS website saying I don't qualify for 2021 Child Tax advance. I claimed 3 dependants on 2020 return.

We do not know why the IRS site says you do not qualify---we cannot see what you entered about your children.  How old will they be at the end of 2021?  

https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/2021-child-tax-credit-and-advance-child-tax-credit-payments-f...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
cdd7mdy

They will be 4, 3 and 2.

Critter-3
Level 15

According to the IRS if your return, even an amended, is processing (ie showing only as received) you will not receive the advance child tax credit payments.  Go to topic Q B 12  as of June 30th there were 35 million US income tax returns that had not been processed and estimated only 3% of phone calls were being answered. Verify that here 

cdd7mdy

Screenshot_[phone number removed]33.png

cdd7mdy

Screenshot_[phone number removed]19~2.png

cdd7mdy

Wow, thank you so much for that. Thats kinda what I figured, that is the case with my return. Have you heard if the IRS plans to distribute Back-pay or is it "you miss the date and your out"?

Critter-3
Level 15

Nothing has been posted but most likely you will just have to reconcile on the return next year. 

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v