uk05

Why doesn't Turbo Tax give me the option to e-file my amended 2019 federal return?

This Turbo Tax link indicates the option should be available for 2019:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/amend-return/how-to-file-an-amended-return-with-the-irs/L6kO691...

"Step 4: Submit your amended forms

Beginning with the 2019 tax year, you can e-file amended tax returns. If you used TurboTax to prepare Form 1040-X, follow the software's instructions to e-file the amendment."

I'm using the online version, which it also explicitly mentions.

Why isn't it available?

LindseyLO

The help link that has been provided for you will guide you through e-filing your amended return. It will include step by step instructions. Click here to be directed to this help link. 

uk05

Thanks for looking into this, but I'm already familiar with those instructions. The problem is I get to the last step (6.) and there is no option to e-file my 2019 federal or state return. Turbo Tax says it'll help me print then mail my return.

SForrestLO

Amended returns can only be mailed - allow 8-12 weeks - can take up to 16 weeks (4 months) for processing.