grprahl

Why does my TurboTax screen says $4834 Fed and $1800 State refund at the end, but when I print to mail the cover sheets only state $1816.02 Fed and $1800 State?

grprahl

Also note, this is for an amendment of my wife's individual return where she got $2958 Fed/$896 State. So I would understand if those values were simply deducted from what was on the screen at the end. But it doesn't seem like they line up at all. 

AmyC

Those numbers do not add up. When you look at the return, do you see where the original figures have been subtracted?  You may want to contact a specialist that can work through that section of the return with you. 

grprahl

Thanks, I think I figured it out once looking at the actual return. The return itself had the correct numbers. It was only the cover sheets that had incorrect information. In fact, I realized that even though I had selected "amend a return" it was still on form 1040. I went back to amend again, and that corrected the issue, printed on form 1040x, and gave amended return instructions.