Why do I see last year's refund under 2020 in Refu...

sugersam5

Why do I see last year's refund under 2020 in Refunds Received for State/Local Tax Returns? Do I need to edit to show zero (I did not apply any refunds to 2020, in 2019)?

The above question(s) is in Federal>>Wages & Income>>Your income section_ thank you.
KrisD15

If you received a state tax refund for your 2019 state tax return, it may be taxable income on your 2020 Federal tax return. 

If you took the Standard Deduction on your 2019 Federal tax return, the state refund will NOT be taxable. 

If you claimed Itemized Deductions on your 2019 Federal tax return, the state refund, or part of the refund, may be taxable. 

TurboTax talks about state refunds

sugersam5

Thank you, much! Got my answer (Standard)  now!_ Peace!