patrickbchristen

Why didn't Turbo Tax ask for the prior years state refund and why didn't the error check catch this? Do I now need to file an an amended return?

I helped my adult daughter file her federal return. After sending in her return, I then noticed last years refund was never asked for.   

DawnC0

No, you don't need to file an amended return.  Some states require last year's refund amount or AGI to e-file.  Some (most) don't.  The IRS requires last year's AGI. 

If TurboTax did not ask for it, it was not required.  If it was required and it was not entered, the return would be rejected.  If your return gets rejected for missing information, you can add the information and resubmit.

If her return(s) got accepted, she is done!  To verify the status of her federal and state returns, go here.  Online E-file Lookup Tool   And if anything was rejected, add the missing info and resubmit.  

DawnC0