Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why didn’t I get approved for refund advance

It said I was "pre approved" for a $500 refund advance when I selected the credit Karma debit card for my payment info at the end. I got the $500 less than an hour later and that was before turbo tax said my return had even been accepted. It mentioned that the pre approval for the $500 didn't mean I wouldn't possibly be approved for more once my return is accepted. Turbo tax said my return was accepted the next day however I can't see the status of my return on the IRS website and I haven't seen anything from them about it. 

Call this 1st century bank. They can look to see if you were approved and the amount. I just spoke with someone and she said there just waiting for the irs to update there info to send me the money. When you call this number press 4 instantly. It’s the only way to get to a live person. 

trust me. I’ve been on the phone with so many different people for the last 2 days and I finally got a clear answer that I was approved for $4000 and will be getting it as soon as it’s updates there system. There just behind because everyone opted for refund advance 

No there's scammers there is no reason I could've got that refund advance I have a good credit my federal was $1700 I qualified for everything they just lied to get everybody to file with them and then the representative was laughing never again while I file with them I counted on that money and sat here and waited and waited bye-bye TurboTax not due until next year

I got a message saying it hasn’t been approved, and told me to look for an email from the bank. I kept looking for one and never saw it, until I checked my spam email. What do you know, there it was. Now it won’t let me click on the link to see why I wasn’t approved. What’s up with that???

Lawson68

Didn't receive my advance

Lawson68

No

Do they do a hard credit pull or a soft one? I’ve been approved by Jackson Hewitt before so there should be a chance of me being approved by TurboTax right? It’s just really stressful. And I never receive a full answer 

Read up on all the info for the loan here … pay attention to the details in the fine print …  https://turbotax.intuit.com/refund-advance/

I was approved and informed that my refund advance would post within an hour of the federal gov accepting my return. It’s been 3 hours and I still don’t have it. 

Nikki A

That's how they get you, that tell you you're"pre approved" then after you submit your returns and agree to pay 100's of $ in filling fee's, that tell you you're not approved after all, but you can't stop then from processing your return and taking out their fees. I feel they are starting to run scams on us to keep us as customers, knowing full well we won't be approved.. this is a sad way to conduct business..

I too was not approved and just read your message about finding the email in my spam folder. "Whoop There it is!!!" it says that there is a secure link to follow but there is no link with an explanation. I am sad too because i have to pay big bills and do not even know what the maximum amount of transferring to my bank account is allowed now that I chose a Credit Karma spending account...
I wish I knew about this forum ahead of time. I really thought I'd be waking up to an advance to get caught up...
**bleep** Scammers!!!

Sandrag93

I Was Told The Application Was Never Submitted If You Didn’t Recieve  An Email From First Century Bank Or Credit Karma Also That Everybody Is Pre Approved But Without That Email Stating You We’re Accepted , You Basically Weren’t Approved

This is just BS I'll b nice there's no reason I shouldn't be getting a refund advance but trust and believe it's the last year!!

What a flippin joke 

ee-ea
Level 15

@SMH 3 

If you didn't pre-qualify for Refund Advance, it may be because:

• Your federal refund was not $500 or more.
  • You did not agree to all the Refund Advance terms and conditions.
  • You owed the U.S. Government or your State.
  • You had debt enforced by a State such as, but not limited to, child support obligations, past student loans, tax liens, and any other payments owed to a Federal or State agency.
  • You did not pass the lender’s final evaluation. Subject to review of third-party information.
  • Your physical residence is in one of the following states:
    • IL
    • CT
    • NC
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies