Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why didn’t I get approved for refund advance

Did anyone receive their advance or we just got Suckered

So did it actually deny you or took more time than expected? Asking for myself 🤔🤔😤😤

Did you ever get your advance

No cash ever deposited. No email notification as to why not... No nothing! No one to contact and no way to contact a human about it... I rather my money be direct deposited into my bank account, and only had it deposited on this restrictive card that cost fees because I was promised a cash advance that I needed for gas, food, and bills.

I was approved for 1000 and I haven't received my advance. It's been way over 48 hours.. what number can I call to speak with someone without paying for support. 

🤔😤🤦🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🙏

Did you ever receive your advance

If you don't report income on Schedule C or Sch c ez, you won't qualify. I think that's what happened to us.😠 We really needed that advance right now.

@Fox2020

Refund Advance eligibility

Here are some of the eligibility requirements to qualify for a Refund Advance loan:

• You’re 18 or older
  • You’re not a resident of North Carolina, Connecticut, or Illinois
  • You’re e-filing your federal tax return with TurboTax
  • Your physical address is listed on your tax return. Your address must be located in one of the eligible states and can’t be a PO box or prison address
  • You’re not filing one of these tax forms: 1310, 4852, 4684, 4868, 1040SS, 1040PR, 1040X, 8888, or 8862
  • You aren’t filing on behalf of a deceased taxpayer
  • You must report income on a Form W-2, 1099-R , Sched C, or Sched CEZ

The refund loan will not be available until later in January when you can e-file your 2021 return.   The money for the loan is not given to you until the IRS ACCEPTS your e-file.  The IRS will not begin to accept e-files until January 24.

You cannot apply for the refund loan.  It has to be offered to you, and you have to agree to the terms—-which have changed since last year——so read some information——and pay attention to the details in the fine print …  https://turbotax.intuit.com/refund-advance/

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Well we did get accepted from the IRS just yesterday 21,2022. And we didn't get any email or notifications. The only thing we got was a notification after we got the credit karma spend account. That notification said once the IRS accepted our e-file that we will get another  email on our approval. We haven't received anything. 

I'd like to know if ANYONE did qualify for the advance. We did ONCE in 2020 for our 2019 taxes. We haven't been able to get it again since then. For sure this will be our last year using TurboTax and go back to H&R. We always received the advance with them. Bye! Bye TurboTax

Although you are pre approved based on what is on your return the bank doing the loans will also review your situation AND your credit report to determine if they will approve the advance ... nothing is certain until the return is filed ... that is in the contract you signed. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/important-offer-details-and-disclosures-about-refund-...

Not all consumers will qualify for a loan or for the maximum loan amount. If approved, your loan will be for one of ten amounts: $250, $500, $750, $1,000, $1,500, $2,000, $2,500, $3,000, $3,500, or $4,000. Your loan amount will be based on a portion of your anticipated federal refund to a maximum of 50% of that refund amount (minus any stimulus payment credit, also known as Recovery Rebate Credit). You will not receive a final decision of whether you are approved for the loan until after you file your taxes. Loan repayment is deducted from your federal tax refund and reduces the subsequent refund amount paid directly to you.

I was pre-approved for $500, however I was expecting up to $4,000 and I'd like to know why I only was approved for $500. My return is over $8,000 and I don't owe taxes or have anything strange in regards to my return etc..

Not all consumers will qualify for a loan or for the maximum loan amount. If approved, your loan will be for one of ten amounts: $250, $500, $750, $1,000, $1,500, $2,000, $2,500, $3,000, $3,500, or $4,000. Your loan amount will be based on a portion of your anticipated federal refund to a maximum of 50% of that refund amount (minus any stimulus payment credit, also known as Recovery Rebate Credit). You will not receive a final decision of whether you are approved for the loan until after you file your taxes. Loan repayment is deducted from your federal tax refund and reduces the subsequent refund amount paid directly to you.

If approved, your Refund Advance will be deposited into your Credit Karma Money TM Spend (checking) account, typically within 1 hour after the IRS acceptance of your e-filed federal return. You may access your funds online through a virtual card and your physical Credit Karma Visa Debit Card* should arrive in 7 - 14  days. *Card issued by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc.; Visa terms and conditions apply. Third party fees may apply.

ladyt843
Returning Member

I’m so mad I’m just now reading reviews about the advance and looks like nobody got it and now my money going to a different acct smh this a rip off

ladyt843
Returning Member

How long did it take for u to receive an approval after u filed and it got accepted??

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies