Why did the turbotax form 8959 add the tax owed to my withholdings? The IRS is now saying I owe that tax plus penalties

salomon13

macuser_22

It would only do that if your medicare tax on all W-2's was more than the maximum and you got a credit for the excess.   If you are filing Married Jointly, did both spouses has W-2 income?    You might have entered both W-2's for the same spouse by mistake  and the medicare tax was added together.      

You are asking from TT Live, for which you are paying extra. Please contact your Live rep.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4124827-how-do-i-connect-with-a-tax-expert-in-turbotax-live

Live help is available M-F during normal business hours after tax season.