Why did I received a letter from IRS yesterday stating they need 60 more days to send a complete response on what action we r taking...

I already received my federal taxes although I do owe back child support I figured I got lucky and it slipped by child support.. Can the IRS ask for it back

"Everybody" gets the same 60 day letter.  

You would need to call the number on the notice if you have questions ... it could be a case of one department not knowing what the other department is doing and the refund & notice "passed in the mail"... and yes they can require a payback if they determine the refund was in error.