Why did I received a letter from IRS yesterday stating they need 60 more days to send a complete response on what action we r taking...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did I received a letter from IRS yesterday stating they need 60 more days to send a complete response on what action we r taking...

I already received my federal taxes although I do owe back child support I figured I got lucky and it slipped by child support.. Can the IRS ask for it back

2 Replies
Level 15

"Everybody" gets the same 60 day letter.  
Level 15

You would need to call the number on the notice if you have questions ... it could be a case of one department not knowing what the other department is doing and the refund & notice "passed in the mail"... and yes they can require a payback if they determine the refund was in error. 

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings