isaacjr831

Why did I received a letter from IRS yesterday stating they need 60 more days to send a complete response on what action we r taking...

I already received my federal taxes although I do owe back child support I figured I got lucky and it slipped by child support.. Can the IRS ask for it back

Hal_Al

"Everybody" gets the same 60 day letter.  

You would need to call the number on the notice if you have questions ... it could be a case of one department not knowing what the other department is doing and the refund & notice "passed in the mail"... and yes they can require a payback if they determine the refund was in error.