turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mhdz3319

Why can't I find my schedule A or 1 form on my 2018 tax return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Maybe you didn't need those forms. Schedule A is only used if you claim itemized deductions instead of the standard deduction. The standard deduction amounts for 2018 are much higher than in the past, so many people who itemized in past years took the standard deduction for 2018. Schedule 1 is only used if you have a type of income that requires it. It's not needed if your income is only from wages, interest, dividends, IRAs, pensions, annuities, and Social Security.

The PDF download from the TurboTax online editions for tax year 2018 only includes those forms and schedules necessary to file a completed tax return to the IRS.  If Schedule A or Schedule 1 was not included in the PDF then those schedules were not required for your completed tax return.

Why do you need schedule A?  Did you take the Standard Deduction or Itemized Deductions?  How much is on your 1040 line 8?  The Standard Deduction almost doubled so most people take the Standard Deduction now instead of itemizing.  

Same with schedule 1.  If it's not needed you don't get a copy.  Is someone like a lender asking for them?  A lot of them don't know the new tax forms and that you don't have to have the extra schedules.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies