angie_12345

Why are forms views so hard to find now? I want to be able to print or at least view my tax forms before filing. State Forms were impossible to view before submitting.

Using the TurboTax online editions you do not have direct access to any forms, schedules or worksheets.  That option is only available using the TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions in Forms mode.  

To view or print the complete tax return using the online editions you would have to pay the TurboTax account fees.  To pay the TurboTax online account fees by credit card, without completing the 2016 return at this time, click on My Account at the top of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  On the next page, to pay by credit card, click Pay Now.  On the next screen just click on the Continue button.  The next screen will ask for all your credit card information so you can pay for the account.

However, you can preview the Form 1040 by clicking on My Account at the top of the online program screen.  Click on Tools.  Click on View Tax Summary.  Click on Preview my 1040.

angie_12345

Thanks that is helpful, but disappointing.  I was able to preview my federal forms after paying, but even after paying I wasn't able to see state forms.  I had to file my state forms before they were available to print/view/download.  Maybe a bug? or an incentive to buy the download edition of turbotax?