turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where is my refund?

I have checked the federal website and it says my federal refund was sent March 3rd but have yet to see it in my bank account. Turbo shows that the estimated date was 3/16/20 but shows only that my refund has been accepted. I set up for direct deposit and noticed on the federal return that it shows a completely different routing and bank account number than mine. Where as the state refund shows the correct routing and bank account number. Where the heck is this money?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Where is my refund?

@austineiter

Yes, it does sound like the funds may be on the Turbo Visa Debit card. 

To activate the card using the Turbo Debit Visa Card app:

• Once you have the app open please make sure you are not logged into any account 
  • Click get started
  • You will be prompted to activate the card

You can activate it online, navigate to Turbodebitcard.intuit.com On the home screen, click the blue button entitled Activate Card, and then enter your card information and follow the next steps.

To activate on the phone, please call toll-free at (888) 285-4169.

For more info about the Turbo Debit Visa Card, please see this TurboTax FAQ:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6419975

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

66 Replies
JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Where is my refund?

TurboTax does not receive updates from the IRS once they have accepted your return.  If the bank listed on your tax return is an invalid one the IRS will mail you a check once it has been rejected. 

If you continue to not have progress with your refund and it goes over two weeks please see this information from the IRS as you may need to initiate a trace: https://www.irs.gov/faqs/irs-procedures/refund-inquiries/refund-inquiries-18. This will allow the IRS to contact your bank. 

Where is my refund?

Thank you. I was mailed a debit card from Turbo a couple weeks ago. Is it possible that the funds were uploaded to that, or was that a way of trying to sign me up for an account?

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Where is my refund?

@austineiter

Yes, it does sound like the funds may be on the Turbo Visa Debit card. 

To activate the card using the Turbo Debit Visa Card app:

• Once you have the app open please make sure you are not logged into any account 
  • Click get started
  • You will be prompted to activate the card

You can activate it online, navigate to Turbodebitcard.intuit.com On the home screen, click the blue button entitled Activate Card, and then enter your card information and follow the next steps.

To activate on the phone, please call toll-free at (888) 285-4169.

For more info about the Turbo Debit Visa Card, please see this TurboTax FAQ:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6419975

jacob-j17
Returning Member

Where is my refund?

I'm having the exact same problem.  I cant find where it tells what bank or routing number its supposed to be sent to. It is definitely very irritating and I can not get ahold of anyone.

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Where is my refund?

To review previously-entered bank account info, revisit the File section in TurboTax.

Where do I enter my bank's routing or account numb ...

Where is my refund?

Mine was on the Turbo Debit card. Which was weird, considering I didn’t even sign up for it. But that’s where it was!

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Where is my refund?

@Jacob-17 you can follow the instructions below to view where you elected to receive your refund:

Open your return if it's not already open.
On the Tax Home screen with the amount of your refund and status, scroll down and select Add a State (don't worry, we're not adding a state) to access your tax forms and worksheets.
In the left menu, select Tax Tools then Print Center.
On the TurboTax Print Center screen, select Print, save or preview this year's return.
On the next TurboTax Print Center screen, select 2019 federal returns and Include Government and TurboTax Worksheets (optional), then select View or Print Forms.
The information will be on the first page, Electronic Filing Instructions for your 2019 Federal Tax Return next to Balance Due/Refund.

Where is my refund?

Where is my money?? Why it take so long? 

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

Where is my refund?

@Susanhenley The IRS issues refunds, not TurboTax. This means that we can't say for sure why you haven’t received your refund as of yet. You'll have to speak directly to IRS to find out more about the delay. To track your Federal refund, visit the Where’s My Federal Refund? site here: https://www.irs.gov/refunds. Updates are made daily, usually overnight.

If you have not received an update via the Where's My Refund tool after 21 days of being accepted, you can follow the instructions in the following FAQ to contact the IRS for further assistance.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/what-if-my-irs-refund-is-taking-longer-than-21-...

Where is my refund?

I have not yet gotten an email about my refund so can you tell me when i will be receiving any information about this

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Where is my refund?

@Camylamcneal When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected. If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return. 

Unfortunately, TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS once your return is "Accepted". For the most up to date information regarding your refund visit the IRS Where’s My Federal Refund? site for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight.

If the Where’s My Federal Refund? site shows your tax return is processing,  during this time the government reviews your refund. During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts. 

If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent. At that point the IRS site will update with a direct deposit date. 

The general timeline of e-filed returns is: Transmission > Acceptance > Processing > Approval > Refund.

Note: Once your refund status on the IRS shows "Refund Sent" it can take 1 to 5 business days approximately, for the financial institution to deposit fund into your account. 

Please see the links below for more information:

myamiller02
Returning Member

Where is my refund?

I have filed my taxes turbo tax say they were sent I have not heard anything what is going on

Where is my refund?

My federal return was excepted on January 17, 2020. And when I check on it through www.irs.gov it tells me that it is still being processed. I haven't been able to speak with anyone about this, not even my local TAS (Taxpayer Advocate Service) will return my phone calls. I go to check when will I get my stimulus payment direct deposited....NOTE:  Into the turbo card account because that is what TT entered in as my direct deposit information instead of MY checking account information. And the IRS  states that they don't have any banking information from me!!! So they had me fill out the banking info that I wanted my stimulus payment to go to.  Now with all that said....IS THIS THE REASON I HAVEN'T RECEIVED MY REFUND?? AND WHY DON'T THE IRS HAVE SUCH INFORMATION?? IT IS CLEARLY ON MY COPIES OF MY RETURN.  I NEED ANSWERS

Bnbs8994
Returning Member

Where is my refund?

It has been 21 days and I still have not been approved

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies