How do I view or print my in-progress 2019 return, or view a summary or specific line on my return?
We can help you view or print your in-progress return, or view a specific line on your return.
Find your situation below and follow the instructions.
View a Tax Summary (Overview) of Your In-Progress Return
- Select Tax Tools, and then Tools.
- On the Tools Center screen, select View Tax Summary.
View a Specific Line on Your In-Progress Return (1040, 1040A, 1040EZ; cannot view specific lines in 1040X)
- Follow Steps 1 and 2 above.
- When your Tax Summary appears, select Preview my 1040 on the left, and then scroll down to find the line number you want to view.
Print Your In-Progress (Partially Completed) Return:
- Select Tax Tools on the left, and then Print Center.
- In the pop-up window, select Print, save, or preview this year's return and follow the screens. You'll need to pay for TurboTax before printing, if you haven't already.
If you have already filed the return or the filing status is Ready to Mail .....
- The PDF for prior year tax returns (2018 thru 2014) on the Tax Home page includes all the worksheets that were used to complete the tax return along with all the required forms and schedules.
- The PDF for tax year 2019 on the Tax Home page will only include the forms and schedules that were sent to the tax authorities, IRS or State.
- To obtain a PDF for tax year 2019 that will include all the worksheets you will need to download the PDF from Print Center.
- To access your current year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and Click on Add a state
- Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen. Then click on Print Center. Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return. Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets
It's common to end up with multiple accounts. First LOG OUT of whatever TurboTax account you're logged into right now. Then use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of user ID's for an email address. Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used
If you used the Desktop CD/Download program then the only copy is on your computer and not saved or stored online.
Before filing, You can preview the 1040 or print the whole return
How to get a copy after filing
Or here's an alternate way to print by opening the filed return back up to print at the Print Center, where you can also get the worksheets.
Log in and at the Tax Home or in the section Your Tax Returns & Documents for 2019, look for a link Add a State. Click on Add a State. (you don't really add one. That's just to open your return back up.)
After the return is open, click in the left menu column on TAX TOOLS, then PRINT CENTER.
Then choose Print, save, view this year's return.
The next screen should offer some options: Just my tax returns or include government worksheets (optional), or include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional.)