When you get a letter from the IRS stating that you're going to be getting more money back from a previous year how long do you wait before checking on it and how do you check on it?

Why are they sending you more refund?  For what year?  Did you mail in an Amended return?  

Watch out for scams.  You might get a fake deposit and then the scammer will ask for it back and then you find out the fake deposit bounced.

I messed up when I filed last year and forgot to add in the childcare so I put in an amend when I filed this year about it

Thanks you