turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kalyn212

I no longer want to have Turbo Tax deduct my fees from my refund, how can I remove that?

The answer was to pay by credit or debit card.  How do I remove the $34.99 fee and pay by debit card?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KiaraE

I no longer want to have Turbo Tax deduct my fees from my refund, how can I remove that?

Here's how to remove refund processing fees and change your payment method before you e-file:

1. Sign in to your account and open your return by selecting Take me to my return.
  2. Select File in the left-hand menu and proceed to the Just one more step screen.
  3. On this screen, select the first Revisit link (next to You've chosen to deduct your TurboTax fees from your federal refund).
  4. Select View Payment Options on the next screen, and then select Pay with credit card on the screen after that.
  5. Complete payment by entering your credit or debit card information.
  6. Continue to the Just one more step screen to make sure the Refund Processing Service has been removed. Step 1 should now show that you paid with your credit or debit card.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

When you follow the steps below, the payment screen may only mention "credit card", but it will take a debit card, too, as long as it has one of these logos:  Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover.

I no longer want to use Turbo Tax file 2018 tax return. How can I remover my personal banking information?

Please post in only place on this page.  This happens to be an already-answered thread from last year, and which may or may not be a similar issue.   Please answer the questions I left you below so we can figure out what "your" situation is.
KiaraE

Here's how to remove refund processing fees and change your payment method before you e-file:

1. Sign in to your account and open your return by selecting Take me to my return.
  2. Select File in the left-hand menu and proceed to the Just one more step screen.
  3. On this screen, select the first Revisit link (next to You've chosen to deduct your TurboTax fees from your federal refund).
  4. Select View Payment Options on the next screen, and then select Pay with credit card on the screen after that.
  5. Complete payment by entering your credit or debit card information.
  6. Continue to the Just one more step screen to make sure the Refund Processing Service has been removed. Step 1 should now show that you paid with your credit or debit card.

Will I still be charge from Turbo Tax if I choose no to use services?

Online TurboTax is free to use until one decides to file or print.

What edition are you using?   Free, PLUS, Deluxe, Premier, etc.?   And have you already filed or printed?

If you haven't already filed or printed and haven't paid (or registered in Free Edition),  you can clear your return out using "Clear and Start Over", and then don't select a product to start over.    If you can't do that and have already registered, you can still go back to any screens and delete anything manually, such as the banking information you asked about.

FAQ:  How to use "Clear and Start Over."
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2586254-how-do-i-clear-and-start-over-in-turbotax-online">https://...>
AL585

When following the instructions above at step 5. The screen still does not update the total cost of all the products. The "Refund Processing Service Fee" still shows up visible. So if I confirm my payment. This is still makes me pay the processing fee.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies