plutgen

When will the IRS deduct the amount I owe from my checking account

Filed on March 13th, Federal amount I owe is still not deducted, is the IRS behind?  Also, my state refund has not come through.  Seems odd neither has processed through in almost a month,

KatherineC

State refunds typically are slower than the Federal refunds.  If you are concerned, you look at the information below and click on your state.  This will give you contact information for your state's Department of Revenue.

Did you enter a date for your Federal taxes due to be withdrawn from your checking account?  If not, the default date is April 18th, so you can expect your taxes to be drafted from your account somewhere around that date.

KatherineC