Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jbr1212

Can I file My Individual return and my Brothers Return on the premier turbo tax

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

When using the online product, only one tax return can be prepared and filed with each account. You must create a new account using a new user ID and password to prepare another return. You must pay again. 

To prepare more than one tax return, the CD/download product installed on your computer is a better deal. You can efile up to 5 federal returns with one purchase and prepare an unlimited number of returns. The preparation of state returns for one state is included with all versions except Basic when purchased from TurboTax. All versions have the same forms so you don't need a higher version than Deluxe unless you need more guidance. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

When using the online product, only one tax return can be prepared and filed with each account. You must create a new account using a new user ID and password to prepare another return. You must pay again. 

To prepare more than one tax return, the CD/download product installed on your computer is a better deal. You can efile up to 5 federal returns with one purchase and prepare an unlimited number of returns. The preparation of state returns for one state is included with all versions except Basic when purchased from TurboTax. All versions have the same forms so you don't need a higher version than Deluxe unless you need more guidance. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies