turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When my tax gonna hit my account

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

The IRS issues most refunds in about 21 days, although some returns take more time to review. If your return has been accepted, you can begin tracking the status of your return using the Where's My Refund? site. If it's been more than 21 days since your return was accepted, you can call the IRS directly to check on your refund status. For more information about the status of your refund, please see the FAQ below:

When will I get my IRS tax refund?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It will say Pending until the IRS either accepts or rejects your return which won't be until after they open on Feb 12, 2021, see

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/2021-tax-filing-season-begins-feb-12-irs-outlines-steps-to-speed-refund...

Even if Turbo Tax lets you submit your return they will just hold all the returns until the IRS opens filing on Feb 12.  So there is no hurry.  And a lot of people who file early find out they have to amend later like when they get their actual W2 and 1099 forms.  Or they get more forms than they were expecting.  

For the Online version check your efile status here     

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/   

Then after the IRS accepts your return they pay most refunds within 21 days.

When you efile you get back 2 emails.  The first email only confirms the transmission.  The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.

Unfortunately, due to late tax law changes the IRS will not even open up to start processing until February 12, 2021, except for a few returns they pull early for testing purposes. In the meantime the return will sit on TurboTax servers with a "pending" status (you can check at your Tax Home).  So unless yours is one of the very few returns pulled early by the IRS, you won't know anything until February 12 or soon thereafter about whether it is accepted or rejected.

Also, by law (the PATH Act) the IRS will not issue a refund on tax returns claiming the Earned Income Tax Credit (EIC) or Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) until February 15 at the earliest.   So it can be late February or early March when filers with those credits receive their refunds.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies