turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jvbeaupre

When I printed my federal return, Schedule A did not print. Will my e-filing be messed up too?

Using TT 2017 Premiere on a Mac OS High Sierra. I only filed the Federal return. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

When I printed my federal return, Schedule A did not print. Will my e-filing be messed up too?

It is possible that the Standard Deduction ($6,350 Single $12,700 Married) is greater than the amount of itemized deductions you entered.  You can find the amount of your standard or itemized deduction on Line 40 of your Form 1040. If you do not have Form 1040, you did not itemize.  (You could have 1040-A or 1040-EZ.)

View solution in original post

4 Replies

It is possible that the Standard Deduction ($6,350 Single $12,700 Married) is greater than the amount of itemized deductions you entered.  You can find the amount of your standard or itemized deduction on Line 40 of your Form 1040. If you do not have Form 1040, you did not itemize.  (You could have 1040-A or 1040-EZ.)

jvbeaupre

No, the itemized deductions were greater than the standard. I was using Form 1040. In the forms, Schedule A is present and looks as I expect..
jvbeaupre

Opps, I withdraw my previous comment. I had forgotten the age 65 or older modification to the standard deduction.

PLEASE FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE IRS AGAINST INTUIT dba TURBOTAX, 2700 Coast Ave., Mountain View, CA 94043.  The form to use is:  IRS 14157.  TurboTax charged me for filing, despite my low income; they did not file the form required for health care credits - AND the Marketplace says if you did not file that form you are ineligible (forever) from receiving health care credits in the future.  Do not lay down and be treated this way! File the complaint with the IRS.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies