Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When I print my Ohio forms to be submitted, it prints out a copy of my federal return. Do I have to include the federal return when I file my Ohio state return by mail?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Hal_Al
Level 15

When I print my Ohio forms to be submitted, it prints out a copy of my federal return. Do I have to include the federal return when I file my Ohio state return by mail?

No.

Ohio wants those when you e-file (so TT automatically includes it), but not with a paper filing.

Reference: page 4 at https://www.tax.ohio.gov/portals/0/forms/ohio_individual/individual/2018/PIT_IT1040_Booklet.pdf

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Hal_Al
Level 15

No.

Ohio wants those when you e-file (so TT automatically includes it), but not with a paper filing.

Reference: page 4 at https://www.tax.ohio.gov/portals/0/forms/ohio_individual/individual/2018/PIT_IT1040_Booklet.pdf

Mcgurk

Are there any other forms that print with the Ohio return that should not be mailed?

Hal_Al
Level 15

Don't mail any of the "worksheets". Mail only official forms.  There is one possible exception, do mail the "joint filing credit allocation worksheet", but only if you don't have a W-2 or 1099-R for both spouses to prove they had qualifying income 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies