When I entered my Stimulus amount my State Tax Ref...

wolfcubs2action

When I entered my Stimulus amount my State Tax Refund decreased. Everything I can find says that the stimulus is not taxable and should not effect my returns, so why?

wolfcubs2action

By over $100, what is going on?

Irene2805

Without seeing your federal and state returns it's hard to figure out why your state refund decreased.  Please review the following threads in Community for possible explanations.

If these do not help, please reply in this thread with some more details, especially which state return you are preparing.

Belindalaw40

It decreased my refund and i want to know why 

MaryM428

The state of Oregon is collecting tax on stimulus checks when residents file their state income tax returns. To figure out how much is owed, filers should multiply their stimulus payment by Oregon's state tax rate of 8.75%. For example, a single person in Oregon likely received $1,800 in stimulus payments.