When I did my taxes I had my daughter a s a dependent, when I had to do an amendment I noticed my daughter isn't listed on this form I have to send in. Do I have to redo?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
charnaerud

When I did my taxes I had my daughter a s a dependent, when I had to do an amendment I noticed my daughter isn't listed on this form I have to send in. Do I have to redo?

I'm curious if I have to do another amendment to place her as a dependent. Does an amendment change everything you put in the first time, even tho I just added a 1099?
1 Reply
KatrinaB
Intuit Alumni

Yes, you need to redo the amendment. When you file an amended return you replace the old return. You need to cancel the current amendment and restart the amendment process. follow the directions below to undo the amendment.

https://www.irs.gov/faqs/irs-procedures/w-2-additional-incorrect-lost-non-receipt-omitted/w-2-additi...

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings