turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dg9352

When I checked on the status of my NYS refund last week it said "processing" but now, it says that it may require further review. What does this mean?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
WillK
Intuit Alumni

When I checked on the status of my NYS refund last week it said "processing" but now, it says that it may require further review. What does this mean?

It means that they processed your return and found something or a few items that require more research on their side. It happens so do not worry. Keep checking the status of your refund. Information will be provided for you there as to what is going on and when you can expect your refund.

You can also contact them and see what information that can provide to you over the phone.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
WillK
Intuit Alumni

It means that they processed your return and found something or a few items that require more research on their side. It happens so do not worry. Keep checking the status of your refund. Information will be provided for you there as to what is going on and when you can expect your refund.

You can also contact them and see what information that can provide to you over the phone.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jih6896

@dg9352  from what i understand . Its just something they throw up when they are processing your return.  So hopefully in a weeks time it will go back to processing witout the further review ..sometime next week we will have a refund date .
jih6896

Hopefully
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies