ktmill07

When I called offset number I was told I owed $1200 my refund is over that amount. Will I get the rest of my refund after the offset notice letter is sent to me?

DanielV01

It depends, but likely.  Your offset is applied to the debt.  If the debt is fully satisfied, and there are no additional debts that need to be satisfied through offset, the remainder of your refund will be sent to you after processing is complete.

DanielV01

ee-ea

Dan should have also said you get it via paper check.

Hannah-fick1988

It won’t be directly deposited?!
cbmoore1207

Last year, my husband had an offset but deducted from our state refund. The remaining was sent via direct deposit as originally requested.
ktmill07

Did your refund come later than expected? Like did it come after you received an offset notice letter?
meagannelligan51

I have a question. My refund was offset .. Okay fine. They offset it by 2,294 but the debt only took 1164 what happens to the remaining money that was offset
jerryemoore1207

@ktmill07 We filed in Feb. We didn't get the remaining until September!!! We didn't even know we were getting anthing back until the letter came. By then, the remaining was already in our account. In March after filing, we just got a notice that there is an offset and if there's anything left, we can expect it according to our preference at filing.
jerryemoore1207

@meagannelligan51 I can't say for sure but I would assume you would get that back...what does it say on your wmr. Also, quick question for u. When did you file and when about did you find out about the offset? I know we have one thid year too but haven't heard anything yet.
ktmill07

We filed the first week of Feb and was told on the 22nd that we would get offset letter in two weeks. Still haven’t revived anything. I hope ir doesn’t take all year to get the refund back @jerryemoore1207  that would be so frustrating
meagannelligan51

I got my refund on the 21st. The offset was 2,294 but the child support only took 1149 what happens to the rest if the money taken. I don't know if I will get that since it was taken from me for no reason
meagannelligan51

@jerryemoore1207 is file the 18 accepted the 19th. The 15th of Feb approved and received the refund on the 21. I got my offset letter about 2 weeks ago. But the didn't put all my offset to the debt. Trying to find out what happens to the rest of that money that was offset.