What should I do-the IRS deposited a refund thousands of dollars larger than I expected and filed for in my account. Do I call them immediately or wait for a letter?

It's exactly $3k larger than the amount I filed for (and I checked that there were no typos on my part). Is it their typo? I won't spend the money yet, just not sure if I should wait for a letter or call immediately.

Do not utilize the funds, or you will have to pay the amount back with interest if it was erroneously issued.

You should immediately contact the Internal Revenue Service Refund Hotline at 1-800-829-1954, and select option 2.  You will need to speak directly to a representative to explain your situation rather than utilize the automated system.