What should I do since I received a refund that was $7500 in excess of the refund I expected after filing?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

ChristieB

I would either wait for the letter to arrive or contact the IRS and ask if they could look into this for you. If it's a large discrepancy from what your anticipated refund amount should have been, you will want to make sure that it is a valid refund before you spend it. The phone number for the IRS is 800-829-1040 and they are open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. local time.

IRS will send a letter of explanation at some point.

Did you make estimated payments that you forgot to include on the tax return maybe?     
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
ChristieB