turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I mailed my 2017 Federal return in December 2018. I am due a refund of $380. No record of receipt by IRS or mailed back by the post office. Can you help?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I mailed my 2017 Federal return in December 2018. I am due a refund of $380. No record of receipt by IRS or mailed back by the post office. Can you help?

TT would have no knowledge of this. Call the IRS.

What is the best # to reach a live person at the IRS? Website does not provide any information

IRS:  800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri
Listen to each menu before making the selection.

First choose your language. Press 1 for English.
Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".   
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent, but there is likely to be a long wait.

If you end up having to mail it in again, use a mailing service that will track it, like UPS or certified mail so you will know it was received.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies