turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Got tax topic 151 code Already purchase the audit defense thing

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

Tax Topic 151 means your return is under review. There are numerous reasons the IRS may review your return including but not limited to credit claims such as Earned Income Credit or the Education Credits. Your best bet is to wait until you receive a letter from the IRS, which can take up to or more than 4 weeks for you to receive it.  The IRS letter will give you specific instructions on what additional information they may need from you in order to finish processing your return.

If you purchased Audit Defense, you should contact them immediately so they can assist you with the most beneficial outcome. Here is a contact link: http://www.taxaudit.com/turbo-tax-audit-defense.

You can also check out the TurboTax Audit Support Center.  This is free even if you did not purchase Audit Defense.  In addition to using our self-help tools, you can call and talk to a tax expert to assist you in more detail on how to respond to the notice. The following link will take you there: https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/irs-notice/audit-support/.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
dboone319

What was your outcome?  I've received same for this yr
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

Tax Topic 151 means your return is under review. There are numerous reasons the IRS may review your return including but not limited to credit claims such as Earned Income Credit or the Education Credits. Your best bet is to wait until you receive a letter from the IRS, which can take up to or more than 4 weeks for you to receive it.  The IRS letter will give you specific instructions on what additional information they may need from you in order to finish processing your return.

If you purchased Audit Defense, you should contact them immediately so they can assist you with the most beneficial outcome. Here is a contact link: http://www.taxaudit.com/turbo-tax-audit-defense.

You can also check out the TurboTax Audit Support Center.  This is free even if you did not purchase Audit Defense.  In addition to using our self-help tools, you can call and talk to a tax expert to assist you in more detail on how to respond to the notice. The following link will take you there: https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/irs-notice/audit-support/.

What ended up happening?

I send the documents IRS Request! How long for them to finish approval my refund?

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

For more information on tax topic No. 151, please click the link below.

https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc151

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Its been two month's that I send the IRS what they request to process my child tax credit! And no answer when I go to where's my refund it says your tax is under review will send you a letter! Well is been like I said two months that they received the proof they request! 

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

The online link is your best option to track your refund.  I have attached a link with more answers from the IRS as to why your refund may be taking longer to process.

Federal refund questions

There is a delay in processing the returns as the IRS is not processing paper returns at the moment due to Covid-19 and social distancing policies in effect.  

IRS operations

Scruz8907
Returning Member

Hi I just got topic 151 on my status what info did they request for the child tax credit what did you have to send in if you don’t mind me asking thank you. I’m not sure what the problem with mine is but Justin case it’s something with the child credit thanks. 

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

You may review this link @Scruz8907.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies