Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

Yes, everything is such a mess this year from the Pandemic response to the IRS!  I got half in June... had to file an amended tax return because they forgot the kids.   Still waiting and that was in July.  Kind of sad that it's been 3 months already and still waiting!!  They need to get a move on.  We would not need stimulus if everyone were paid what they were owed! 

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

Ok everybody u think ur tax problem is bad well, no im waiting on last yrs taxes today , first i was notified by dpss that my childs ss# is at risk go to ssi office and clear up, that was in march 2019 i filed fed tax on march 17 2019 i went to ssi office on march 30 got everything cleared up, waited until dec 2019 when my bars came back . Then one week later they were gone saying processing, so i have called identity theft side four times and every operator leaked a little info to me, really what i concluded was that there is no pin required, after they say they mailed a id pin in dec and i never received that, cause of change of adress, then one operator says that they were trying to make sure i was a human named d harry, and another said there was no identity breach, and so on, so u think three months is a long time im still waiting on over 20, 000 dollars right now just wait i hope its not long!

topeakin

I read every single up to this point. Yes all the posts in more than 250 pages.

I final got my stimulus payment and Refund today. Two things delayed my stimulus payment and refund. They are:

1. Coronavirus epidemic
  2. I did not file Government Healthcare Insurance subsidy forms

I contacted IRS and I received a letter from IRS that I needed to summit Form 8962 (Premium Tax Credit) and Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement. I faxed the Form 8962 and Form 1095-A to IRS on September 25. I received my refund and stimulus payment in my bank account today (October 15).

If you are still having problems with IRS refunds, try to get someone from IRS  on phone and ask whether IRS needs you to do anything. I wish everyone still waiting for their refunds and stimulus payments good luck.  

sadams66

its very silly to be dissatisfied with "turbotax" as they have nothing to do with late deposits this year. It's covid and the IRS.   Turbo tax sends your return in electronically. If the IRS has acknowledged receipt, this is not a turbo tax issue.  People are always so quick to blame the intermediary business.

Its kind of like running a business, shipping a product and the post office loses or long delays and you turn around and yell at the business who did nothing wrong and shipped your product on time.

sadams66

welcome to the club, filed in February and its 10/21.  Refund "still being processed" although accepted back in early February.  Didn't submit form 1095-A Premium Health credits.  Faxed them in, snail mailed them in twice and sent certified mail of which they picked up April 10th!  

Absolutely agree it was Covid and the irs closing...lol ppl were quick to say how they not gonna use them again oh well...but i agree it qas the irs and covid with the hold up....i was grateful to finally get mine in july smh and they gave interest plus i got the stimulus **bleep** was a headache but you will get wats urs at the end The Most High Knows We Are All struggling 

Filed and accepted Jan 27. Got infamous 60 day letter July 28th. Letter dated July 21st, so 60 days would be Sept 21. Did not receive. Called IRS Oct 2nd finally got ahold of agent, agent stated that the letter was missed stated and actually the 60 days didnt start until Aug 12th. Agent said will receive by Oct12, still nothing. I am not happy, but the longer they screw me the more interest I will receive.

Lucky you!!! I here waiting to hear back from the tax advocate because she filing something with them due to our hardship and then a company sent the first copy to the irs really late, but we still was able to get our stimulus. I have a date for the irs to get to the tax advocate, but if they donot respond with any good news I will update my progress. Only thing I can recommend is to get a tax advocate because that s their job. I will follow up if the advocate is unsuccessful to hear back from the irs with a response to send the refund since it was not our fault the company sent their copy in super late

I’m having the same issue, I filled in  February got my state refund in March. When I check the IRS site, it’s still being processed and they still don’t have a date available. 

I got another letter last week saying they were working on my account & also they needed another 60 more days, this is Ridiculous now it’s probably going to be tax season again by the time we get our money.

I got the same letter  back in May, and another one in August, saying it will take up to 60 days to review the issue as to why I haven’t got my federal tax refund. I have been filling my taxes with TurboTax for about 7 years. 

Same I got like 5 of those but this one said they’re working on my account the ones from back then said they needed to review & that I didn’t have to do anything.

I will never file with Turbo Tax again.  This was my first year and their program didn't provide the extra child tax credit form and because of that I didn't see anything til June and then it was only 3/4 of what they owed me.  The IRS sent me the form in March and I sent it back and don't know what happened to that.  I ended up filing a amended tax return in July and still have not gotten anything back!  Good luck to you... however i'll not use them again.

This is beyond ridiculous, I hope you hear something soon. I started to file an amended tax return, but I didn’t want it to take longer than it’s taking for my original tax refund. Good luck to you as well. 

@tike212 good luck.... I filed my original return back on feb23, and filled amended on may 27, nothing yet, keep calling and they never gave me an exact date

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies