turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

Thank you yours is coming keep checking

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

• I will, I had to have it amended with that 8962 form. So I think that placed me back at the bottom. I filed in February and didn't receive their notice until two weeks ago. I mailed that back in ASAP. 

Just hit the number for English.  Then, do not hit any other number!!  Eventually it will send you to hold for a real person.  The IRS workers will answer your call from home.  I know it's frustrating.  I had to hold for several hours 3 different times.   The ²nd time I got a witch who must've been busy doing other things because she didn't listen to me.  She just told me to go to the website & fill out the Where's My Refund.  Then she hung up on me!!  Good luck!  I did eventually get my refund & stimulus check after waiting 4 months.   I hope this helps you get through to an operator.  Hang in there!  Now my problem is with Georgia DOL.  It is harder to contact them than it was the IRS.  I've sent literally at least a dozen emails & tried calling probably literally 100 times.  Sometimes I have the option to leave a message, but most of the time the phone system just cuts me off.  I STILL haven't had any response from them.  I don't know why, but I haven't received any unemployment benefits since May 19.

This information helped me actually!! 

apparently a letter was supposed to be submitted to verify my identity but I never got it, which was the reason why I havent gotten my refund (I filed in April). The lady on the phone said that I should be good and I should take a few more weeks to receive my direct deposit.

Thank you!

How did you get to speak to someone??  

NEW INFO

I was on the phone from 9 15am to

12 23 am

I called the irs 1 800 1040 number waste of time because it is now the 60th day. That number was a waste of time. There is a 30 min to 60 min hold.

I got the 877 tax advocate number and it was a 4 to 7 min wait. Please be advise be sure yall have the w2s available, not the tax return.

They will ask questions such as In laws name and other security questions. I found out that the IRS sent out the letter on July 22, 2020 and should have sent out another letter on Aug 3rd 2020 since the IRS was supposwd to be up and running on that day and that the 60 day window would fall on 2nd October 2020. According to rep (You have been waiting longer than 60 days) She then gave me a pin number for the tax advovate. This petson is not a local tax advocate, the rep that gave me the pin.

Honestly I had to wait iver 30 mins to speak with a non local tax claim preeper that will send a preliminary(paper so that the regional taxadvocate will help because of hardship) Just for heads up the person that prepares the paperwork will assume that you did something wrong in regards to not receiving your tax refund for 2019. I told him that we were referred by a representative that gave us the 4 digit and she made no mention of anything missing and that we had received our stimulus payment with no problems. Mind you, this person was talking to me from California, so this person that was completing the paperwork is not local. The advocate have 3 days to get in contact with us. And by Nov. We should find out this status on the refund, hopefully before then. So as a result still waiting.

I just wanted to know if taxes still pending and you received your stimulus I have not received anything.  

No stimulus at all.

It's not true that when it changed from we have accepted to it's being processed because I filed January 27 2020 and my still says it's being processed and the IRS has not ask me for any more info I did get to talk to a representative last Friday but they could not tell me if I was getting my refund or not. But you can bet if I owed them and made them wait like this I would have done been put in jail for tax evasion. This is so ridiculous..

Same. I spoke to a rep today. Just said that they don’t have enough people to work irs so everything is delayed. If I needed anything they would have sent me a letter and to just wait 😫

Yes. It says it is still being processed.

A refund date will be provided when available.

Sincerely,

7 months still waiting.

Mines was saying that since March I just got a deposit date for my refund

• Mines said the exact same thing since march and I finally got a deposit date for my refund

Omggggg there’s hope! 🙏 I’m on maternity leave this would be so helpful!!!! 

Oh wow that is Awesome!!! At least you didnt have to talk to an advocate about it to figure why they taking so long to give back a refund.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies