turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What do I do if I never received my stimulus payment nor a 1444 letter from the irs?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

What do I do if I never received my stimulus payment nor a 1444 letter from the irs?

You can reconcile your stimulus money on your 2020 tax return.   On your 2020 return (filed in 2021), you will be asked about the stimulus money. Enter any amount you have already received (if any) . Then the program will calculate if you are owed more money (which would include any amount you qualify for the second stimulus money), or it will show you don't qualify.

After the Other Tax Situations section (Federal Review) of the 2020 TurboTax program you will be asked about the stimulus payment received or not received in 2020.

After you asked about the stimulus payment & you qualify, you will get the Recovery Rebate Credit (stimulus) on the 2020 federal tax return, Form 1040 Line 30.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You can reconcile your stimulus money on your 2020 tax return.   On your 2020 return (filed in 2021), you will be asked about the stimulus money. Enter any amount you have already received (if any) . Then the program will calculate if you are owed more money (which would include any amount you qualify for the second stimulus money), or it will show you don't qualify.

After the Other Tax Situations section (Federal Review) of the 2020 TurboTax program you will be asked about the stimulus payment received or not received in 2020.

After you asked about the stimulus payment & you qualify, you will get the Recovery Rebate Credit (stimulus) on the 2020 federal tax return, Form 1040 Line 30.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies