turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

backes03

Soooo, when my mom filed my taxes she put the wrong bank down it's not Champlain national bank it's community bank n.a

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ToddL

Soooo, when my mom filed my taxes she put the wrong bank down it's not Champlain national bank it's community bank n.a

If the bank routing number was correct and the account number was correct, it should be fine. 

Direct deposits are managed and processed using bank routing numbers and account numbers, an automated process that would not work well using names (imagine how many people misspell them). 

If the bank routing number was correct, it will go to the right bank; if the account number was correct, it will go to her account.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ToddL

Was the bank routing number correct? And the account number?
backes03

yeah, everything else was correct just not the bank name, should I be concerned?
ToddL

If the bank routing number was correct and the account number was correct, it should be fine. 

Direct deposits are managed and processed using bank routing numbers and account numbers, an automated process that would not work well using names (imagine how many people misspell them). 

If the bank routing number was correct, it will go to the right bank; if the account number was correct, it will go to her account.

backes03

Alright, i just feel like it's taking forever all my friends got theirs in a week, it'll be three for me this Friday.
ToddL

Everyone's return is different in some way and the IRS isn't sharing how they (or their computers) decide what goes first or what might need a second look.

One example: By law, the IRS is required to hold EITC and ACTC refunds until Feb. 15. However, taxpayers may not see those refunds until the week of Feb. 27. Due to differing timeframes with financial institutions, weekends and the Presidents Day holiday, these refunds likely will not start arriving in bank accounts or on debit cards until the week of Feb. 27 -- if there are no processing issues with the tax return and the taxpayer chose direct deposit.
backes03

okay awesome. thank you very much was starting to get worried.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies