turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

samsjc

Do i need to amend my tax return if my refund was larger than reported on my 1040 due to an accidental omission of my estimated quarterly tax payments already made?

the quarterly tax payments made were sizable.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Do i need to amend my tax return if my refund was larger than reported on my 1040 due to an accidental omission of my estimated quarterly tax payments already made?

Wait for the IRS to issue your tax refund before even considering amending the tax.  When it is received you may very well have a larger refund then what was filed since the IRS already knows you paid estimated taxes.
samsjc

Thank you. I actually received my refund yesterday and the difference between what was listed on the return and was deposited into my account was the exact amount of the quarterly tax payments I made. So I do not need to submit an amended return at this point?

Correct, the amended return would not be required.

Yes...the IRS fixed the omission so there id nothing to amend .

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies