Keller3

Very frustrated. Wouldn’t allow me to efile state. Customer service couldn’t define the issue. I had to print it and have it reviewed by a professional who found the issue quickly but now I

Your post was cut off in mid-sentence.  What was the rest of your question?

Keller3

There was an error the software couldn’t fix. Support had no clue when I called. I was not permitted by the software to efile my state return. I do not want to file on paper but needed to print it for a tax professional to review. The cpa found the mistakes but now I can’t make changes because the software believes I filed. I need the state return cleared. I spent so much money for one form on federal and was told i could efile state. I’m currently overdue trying to work this out and am probably going to go full Karen with the better business bureau.

Why couldn't you efile state?  Are you using the Online web version or the Desktop CD/Download program?  For Online click on  Add a State to let you back into your return.  You can try to delete the state and add it in again, 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-delete-my-state-return-in-turbotax-on... 

Keller3

The return menu for state said something on my return required paper filing. My return is very simple. The support rep couldn’t pinpoint the reason. I knew it was an error, hit print and file to have it reviewed, but planned to efile once the mistake was determined.I cannot delete the return - the software directs me to edit it. I cannot “amend” the return, because I didn’t file it. I purchased self employed for one form. I’ve tried to troubleshoot via mobile, desktop, laptop etc. I  am computer literate. I think I need backend tech support, but while kind, no one who has assisted to me seemed tech savvy and I’m not spending another hundred dollars for an additional upgrade I don’t need for help.

You should be able to go back into your return and fix it and try to efile state again.  Was your federal efiled and accepted?  Do not click on Amend.  Click on Add a State to let you back into your return. 

How to file state after federal

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/e-file/help/how-do-i-e-file-my-state-after-i-already-filed-my-fede...

Keller3

Add a state and selecting my state brings me back to edit my return but it is not allowing me to delete the form or to clear it or efile it...